Friday, October 18, 2013

Grateful for Family...my lifestyle after my husbands heart attack

1 year ago on Sunday marks a time when my family's life was turned upside down for a bit! That morning I watched my husband pace in the kitchen in pain. Thanks to the support of my brothers and sister in law my husband went to the hospital and was eventually treated properly for a heart attack. He was rushed to Tufts in Boston where my brother and I slept on the hospital floor (I was 7 months pregnant!) while my husband received the care he needed. Two stents were placed in a Major artery that was 100% blocked. 

Doctors kept referring his condition as the "widow maker"! Just what a preggo mother loves to hear! This was completely unexpected, but I do believe it happened for a reason. Since then we have changed our eating habits completely and we are all feeling great! It is sad that an event like this has to happen in order for you to change your lifestyle! Better late than never though! Feeling lucky for my family, the fact that my brothers live close and are doctors, and the current medical care we have in place.

Been thinking about my bucket list and decided it is time to get working on it! The first item is a Marathon! I am beyond excited that two of my favorite people will be running with me. We will be running the Cape Cod Marathon in February..dead of the winter..Awesome! Bring it! What’s on your bucket list?

No comments:

Post a Comment