Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Mommy attacks bucket list training for marathon

February 23, 2014 I will begin to cross items off my bucketlist! I am registered for the Hyannis Full Marathon which is 26.2 miles around the town of Hyannis in Cape Cod, MA. I was registered one other time for this race, before marriage, two kids and a doctorate degree. I was having severe issues with my feet (that can be a blog all by itself) and wasn’t able to run for a long time. I am healthier than ever thanks to Nutritional Cleansing and am eager to conquer this challenging task. I began my training this week. I started it off with a very “Happy” race called the color run in Providence, RI. I ran this very colorful 5K race with family and friends. I’ve never seen people more happy to run a race before.    This was my friend Kevin’s first race ever so it was excellent to be part of this exciting event. Two days later I ran 6 mile around Falmouth, MA. I felt tired after a long day of getting kids off to daycare and running IEP meetings all day but I did it running about 9.5 minute miles. This use to be a good pace for me back in the day. However, since getting into shape and getting control of my nutrition this is now a slower pace for me. I’m not worried; I’m excited to improve and move forward. 17.5 weeks to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment